Our purpose is to improve, promote, and disseminate educational research reflecting early adolescence and middle level education.
Why join the MLER SIG?
As a member of the the MLER SIG, you will receive many benefits. MLER SIG membership provides you with opportunities for:
- Networking with the largest group of middle grades researchers
- Presentations at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association
- Publications in The Chronicle of Middle Level Research and The Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education
- Special rates on publications
- Recognition through various awards
- Collaboration on special projects
- Research as part of the National Middle Grades Research Program
How to join the MLER SIG…
Add the Middle Level Education Research – SIG when you join the American Educational Research Association.
Voting membership in AERA requires active interest in educational research as well as a master’s degree level or equivalent. Visit the AERA Membership website.
Membership in the MLER-SIG connects you with other AERA members, who are committed to research issues related to young adolescents. SIG members exchange information and ideas through annual meetings, presentations, newsletters, and informal gatherings.
The MLER-SIG (#88) is listed on the third page of the AERA Membership Application Form.